The Perfect Pumpkin: Nature’s Source for Healthy, Hydrated, and Youthful Skin
It's hard to overstate the benefits of pumpkin, so when we began formulating nourishing, healing products for the skin, we didn't have to look any farther than the Thanksgiving table to find inspiration.
It’s hard to overstate the benefits of pumpkin–its plentiful antioxidants, enzymes, iron, zinc, vitamins C and K, and fiber make it one of nature’s great health foods. So when we began formulating nourishing, healing products for the skin, we didn’t have to look any farther than the Thanksgiving table to find inspiration.
As it turns out, the properties that make pumpkin so nourishing for the body also benefit the skin. Its enzymes make it a safe and effective exfoliator– a gentle alternative to harsh chemical peels. Its phytonutrients, minerals, enzymes, and vitamins infuse the skin with important elements that bring about cellular rejuvenation and strengthen weakened skin structures. This is especially important for aging or damaged skin, which does not renew itself as effectively as young skin.
At its prime, the process of epidermal turnover—in which older skin cells die off and new ones travel up to the surface of the epidermis to replace
them—takes about one month. However, as we age that process can take up to twice as long. To help restore the process of natural exfoliation, we can use enzymes and gentle acids like those found in pumpkin. In addition, pumpkin extracts in MyChelle’s pumpkin skin care line contain concentrated vitamin A derivatives, which bolster the skin’s retinoic acid receptors—the cellular element responsible for cell turnover. By removing dead cells on the surface of the skin and encouraging a healthy renewal rate, we reveal the newer, smoother skin beneath.
Another benefit of pumpkin is that it’s loaded with antioxidants. Throughout our lives we are exposed to free radicals—through polluted air, environmental toxins, stress, and lackluster diets—and those cause damage to our skin cells. Antioxidants like those in pumpkin protect our skin cells by neutralizing free radicals. That’s a good thing, because it means we are able to keep our skin structures in tact and prevent wrinkles and other damage.
The oil from pumpkin seeds is uniquely beneficial for skin. It is rich in essential fatty acids that regulate proper skin sebum (oil) production, which makes it useful for both oily/acne-prone skin and dry skin. Talk about a wonder-nutrient. The seeds are also a rich source of minerals, especially zinc, which is a great antioxidant and skin healer. Pumpkin Renew Cream is a fantastic nourishing cream for young, acne-prone or normal skin types. Deep Repair Cream is designed more for mature skin and contains powerful cellular renewal ingredients along with the pumpkin seed oil.
With all these benefits it’s no wonder MyChelle’s pumpkin line is beneficial for so many different skin types: People with aging, mature, or dry skin will see change due to its ability to promote healthy cell structure and cellular renewal. People with acne will benefit from its balancing and healing properties.And people with normal skin will enjoy its gentle, nourishing qualities.
The Skin Care Regimen
For dry or aging skin, we recommend the following daily skin care regimen. It includes the products from our pumpkin skin care line, as well as a few others that are specifically formulated to nourish mature skin.
* Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser <http://www.mychelle.com/creamypumpkincleanser-new-1.aspx> is a rich, gentle cleanser with pumpkin extract and honey enzymes that work to dissolve and soften dead skin cells. It also contains chlorophyll and algae extracts to detoxify and nourish while cleansing. It feels like indulgent pumpkin dessert for the face.
* Incredible Pumpkin Peel <http://www.mychelle.com/incrediblepumpkinpeel.aspx> is our award-winning treatment that is incredibly healing for oily and acne-prone skin because of its unique exfoliating properties. It sloughs off dead skin cells and allows the skin to breathe and detoxify. The nourishing peel also supplies the skin with natural acids and vitamins, including healing vitamin A, making it effective for rejuvenating sun-damaged and dull skin.
* Perfect C Serum <http://www.mychelle.com/theperfectcserum.aspx> is a powerhouse of antioxidants combined with unprecedented 17% L-ascorbic acid and organic essential oils. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals while L-ascorbic acid and glucosamine assist in healthy collagen production.
* NoTox™ Anti-Wrinkle Serum <http://www.mychelle.com/notoxanti-wrinkleserum-new.aspx> is the ultimate in natural wrinkle defense. This safe and effective serum delivers six peptides to support collagen and elastin production for a healthy and youthful epidermis.
* Pumpkin Hydrating Mist <http://www.mychelle.com/pumpkinhydratingmist-44oz.aspx> is made with fermented pumpkin juice and poppy extract. The rejuvenating and toning mist provides a surge of bioavailable nutrients to the skin. In addition, it provides medicinal-grade benefits with patchouli and sandalwood essential oils, which not only smell wonderful, but also help dry skin produce the natural oils it needs.
* Pumpkin Renew Cream <http://www.mychelle.com/pumpkinrenewcreamunscented-new-1.aspx> is an elemental nourishing cream that benefits all skin types. Organic shea butter and pumpkin seed oil balance and nourish the skin without creating a suffocating barrier. Epidermal growth factor (EGF) promotes healing and cellular repair, while antioxidants protect against freeradical damage. Available either naturally scented <http://www.mychelle.com/pumpkinrenewcreamunscented-new-1.aspx> or unscented <http://www.mychelle.com/pumpkinrenewcreamunscented-new.aspx> .
* Fabulous Eye Cream <http://www.mychelle.com/fabulouseyecream.aspx> is an exceptional eye cream that soothes fine lines and wrinkles, leaving the eye area supple while reducing the visible signs of aging. It can also help those tiny creases above the lip. You have to try this one to see how effective it really is!
* Magnolia Fresh Eyes with EYESERYL® Peptide <http://www.mychelle.com/magnoliafresheyes-5oz.aspx> reduces puffy eye tissue while strengthening the weakened capillaries that produce dark circles. Daisy flower extract soothes, tones, and brightens, and green coffee is added to decrease the thickness of subcutaneous fat. Its signature ingredient, magnolia, is anti-inflammatory and a powerful antioxidant.
* Sun Shield SPF 28 <http://www.mychelle.com/sunshield.aspx> is an anti-aging, non-irritating, full-spectrum sun block with organic aloe, which preserves skin’s moisture without clogging pores. When used daily, it protects skin from future damage.
And, of course, MyChelle uses only 100 percent natural ingredients—unlike some companies that call their products “natural” even though they contain as little as 10% natural ingredients. We avoid any synthetics, including artificial preservatives and stabilizers, in the interest of creating the safest, purest, and most effective products available.
Article 514, January 2010