5 Simple Beauty Resolutions
The start of a new year is a traditional time to reflect on the past and set goals for the coming year. From eating cleaner to professional growth, New Year resolutions can range from life changing to small but meaningful. The simpler the goal, the easier the chance of success, so we asked one of our in-house estheticians to recommend 5 easy-to-stick-to beauty resolutions that will keep you looking and feeling beautiful all year long.
Wear SPF every, single day.
The sun is the largest contributing factor to hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. Keep your skin happy and healthy by wearing sun protection daily. A moisturizer with SPF, such as Daily Defense Cream SPF 17
, allows you to hydrate and protect in one easy step. No excuses!
Exfoliation products gently slough away the top layer of dead skin or release the intercellular glue hanging onto those dead cells, revealing newer and healthier skin cells. If you’re trying exfoliation for the first time, we recommend Incredible Pumpkin Peel
for incredibly soft, smooth, and radiant skin.
Don’t sleep in your makeup.
Your skin accumulates dirt, debris, and free radicals throughout the day. Plus, makeup can settle into your pores and facials lines, becoming a breeding ground for bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells. Give your skin the opportunity to breathe and regenerate by washing away the day with NEW Gentle Cleansing Wash
Start using serums.
Serums are highly concentrated liquids that penetrate the skin and travel even deeper than moisturizers can. If you’re new to serums, a must-have daily duo is Perfect C Serum
in the morning to fight free radical damage and protect skin’s health, then Remarkable Retinal Serum
at night to increase cell turnover, minimize wrinkles, and soften skin’s texture.
Clean your makeup brushes regularly.
When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes? Been a while, right? Makeup brushes accumulate a mixture of germs, dust, and dirt—a prime environment for the growth of bacteria. Ew!
• For fresh brushes in a snap, follow these 3 quick steps: •
1. Wet your makeup brushes under warm water, and lather a dab of gentle shampoo (we prefer natural baby shampoo) on each brush.
2. Place a disposable towel in the palm of your hand and turn the brush bristles in circular motions against the towel. Don’t press too hard as this can damage the bristles.
3. Wash your brushes until the water runs clears, removing excess water gently with the towel.
4. Finally, lay the brushes flat to dry overnight. Don’t dry them standing up as this can weaken the glue attaching the hairs to the handle.