Here at MyChelle, we seriously preach about wearing sunscreen. And for good reason: In recent decades there has been a dramatic acceleration in skin cancer diagnoses and other serious health risks associated with prolonged sun exposure. So MyChelle is taking action!
We are so excited to launch the Practice Smart Sun campaign! Partnering with the Environmental Working Group (EWG), this campaign aims to provide the public with information and advice for reducing the risks of skin damage and diseases related to inadequate sun protection.
Here are some fun sun suggestions for you:
• Use a lightweight, broad-spectrum sunscreen as a make-up primer to block UVA and UVB rays. Tinted moisturizers and foundations with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) only provide enough protection against the sunburn-causing UVB rays
• Wear makeup with SPF for an extra layer of protection. Layering make-up with a SPF of 15 or more over sunscreen provides natural coverage and additional sun protection.
• Always apply sunscreen around the eyes. Many skin cancers occur in the lash and lower lid areas. Because the eyes protrude outward, the surrounding skin tends to attract more harmful UV rays.
• Skip the towelettes, powders and tanning oils. Even if these products claim to contain sunscreen ingredients, the levels are very low and offer little, if any, sun protection.
• Complete the look. Wear wide-brimmed hats, quality sunglasses and clothing with 30+UFP protection.
To make sure you stay sun-safe, we're offering our broad-spectrum SPF/UV protection products at 15% off!
Block up and shop below!